Things To See And Do In Varadero
Make memories on and off the resort and take in the natural beauty that surrounds you. Whether you want to dwell into the history of the city or crave adventure, Varadero has everything you're looking for!
La casa del chocolate
If you have a sweet tooth then this is perfect for you! Casa del chocolate is a cafe that offers hot chocolate and an extensive selection of sweets. What makes this different from other cafes is the chocolate making room where they temper chocolate, mold it and sell it to the public. There's no better place to enjoy a little treat.
Al Capone House
Grab your friends and family and enjoy a little piece of Varadero. Legend has it that Al Capone House got it's name because Al Capone himself is said to have been the owner in the late 1920's and now it is a must try restaurant today. Known for it's delicious seafood, you can enjoy a delicious meal with a direct view of the ocean or come inside for a quick drink.
Get ready to rock all night long with some of the best music that Varadero has to offer. This bar is full of live music, rock and roll and good times! No matter your age, the bar is always filled with people grabbing a drink, dancing, and of course lots of music by The Beatles.
Take in all the beauty that Cuba has to offer and take a walk through Parque Josone. It is the largest park within Varadero and has no shortage of things to do. They offer rowboats and water-bikes or you can take a dip in the pool. After some fun in the sun you can quench your thirst at one of the multiple stands throughout to purchase a drink.
Varadero Golf Club
If you're a big golfer and trying to hit golf courses all over the world then you won't want to miss this. You don't get many chances to play a round next to the turquoise water of the ocean so take advantage of it while you can!
Although the city of Matanzas is a 40-minute drive from Varadero, it is definitely worth the trip. Know as the "Athens of Cuba" it is a city that is rich in history and known for its poets and culture. You will find different restaurants, a main square and experience the Cuban lifestyle.
How to get the most out of your visit to Cuba:
1. Immerse yourself in the culture- It's not everyday that you get to experience the Cuban lifestyle so enjoy it! The locals are very friendly and will gladly share their lifestyle with you.
2. Appreciate the artwork- Cuban artwork is one of a kind and you can find it everywhere. Visit museums, go to markets, stop and talk to street artists. You'll be able to bring back one of a kind souvenirs for your loved ones back home.
3. Dig your toes in the sand- With some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, how could you not visit the beaches. You'll understand why as soon as you step foot onto one. So sit back, relax and bask in the beauty!
4. Explore on your own- Cuba is pretty traveler friendly so get out of the resort for a day and see everything it has to offer. Rent a classic car and take in the scenery around you.
5. Dive into its history- Cuba has no shortage of history! From cathedrals and museums to plazas and old cities, there is a lot to learn about its past.