Things to See & Do in Cayo Santa Maria
Add a sense of adventure to your stay at Grand Memories Cayo Santa Maria and explore what the paradise of Cayo Santa Maria has to offer. Do as much or as little as you’d like as you discover tourist attractions, schedule tours, plan fun vacation sightseeing activities or spend all day on a great excursion.
Tour the town of Santa Clara
Located in the center of Cuba, Santa Clara Remedios is the ideal tour through some of the most representative sites of the Cuban history. Get the chance to visit Plaza Parque El Carmen and University "Marta Abreu" of Las Villas where you have the chance to emerge in the Cuban culture. Santa Clara is also home to a Cuban Cigar Factor where workers can be seen rolling cigars by hand.
Make a trip to visit this fishing village located in Villa Clara. If you enjoy seafood then don’t miss the opportunity to taste delicious lobsters or their classic dish, Salsa Perro. Caibarién is also admirable for a collection of classic locomotives that locals identify as the steam museum.
Known as the Eighth Villa founded by the Spaniards, it is actually the second oldest settlement in Cuba. It is famous for its festivities, based on legendary beliefs. One of the most well-known is Parrandas Remedianas, the most colorful of all the Cuban festivities, which takes place on Christmas Eve.
Delfinario of Cayo Santa Maria
An unforgettable experience with dolphins in their natural habitat! Be impressed by the grace and intelligence of these beautiful animals and interact with them crystal clear water of Cayo Ensenachos.
Refugio de Fauna is one of the best places for travelers to observe the wildlife of the region. This beautiful area has endless amounts to explore with its virgin beaches, hiking trails and secluded cove!
If you’re looking for the real taste of Cuba then La Paloma is the place to go! This restaurant is a “paladar”, a house owner whose owners opened their doors to turn it into a typical Cuban restaurant. Don’t miss the chance to taste the lobster and experience Cuba the way the locals do.
How to get the most out of your visit to Cuba:
1. Immerse yourself in the culture- It's not everyday that you get to experience the Cuban lifestyle so enjoy it! The locals are very friendly and will gladly share their lifestyle with you.
2. Appreciate the artwork- Cuban artwork is one of a kind and you can find it everywhere. Visit museums, go to markets, stop and talk to street artists. You'll be able to bring back one of a kind souvenirs for your loved ones back home.
3. Dig your toes in the sand- With some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, how could you not visit the beaches. You'll understand why as soon as you step foot onto one. So sit back, relax and bask in the beauty!
4. Explore on your own- Cuba is pretty traveler friendly so get out of the resort for a day and see everything it has to offer. Rent a classic car and take in the scenery around you.
5. Dive into its history- Cuba has no shortage of history! From cathedrals and museums to plazas and old cities, there is a lot to learn about its past.